Monday, June 28, 2010

Bucket List update.

This is a re-post with a couple new additions to the bucket list.

A while back I was inspired by Kathy Griffin* to write a Bucket List.  In a wonderfully hilarious episode of "My Life on the D List" in which Kathy gets her mom to write a Bucket List, I figured I should make my own.  Through all of our moving, I have of course misplaced my written Bucket List.  I figured I'd publish what I remember and chronicle along the way as I mark things off.

BUCKET LIST UPDATED 06/2010

  • Return to Cambodia with MPK:   My sister, MPK, is adopted from Cambodia.  My entire family ventured there the summer before my senior year in high school.  It was a life changing experience and I can't wait for the day that I get to take MPK back there and share that experience with her. 
 This is an older pic of MPK, she's now 9 years old!
  • Visit Columbia with MGK:  My other sister, MGK is adopted from Columbia.  She was adopted while I was in college and I didn't get to venture down for that two month trip.  I want to do the same for MGK and see where she was born.
 MGK in 2008; she is now about to be 7.
  • Visit California wine country:  D and I have never been to California at all.  We've heard wonderful things about wine country and are dying to go.  I mean what could be better than drinking wine all day?
  • Eat in one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants:  That's right.  D and I are big fans of Kicthen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, and other mildly entertaining Ramsay shows.  I have to eat at one of his restaurants before I die.
  • Travel to New Zealand
  • Travel to NYC  (I obviously have lots of places I want to travel)
  • Meet Lady Gaga:  I'm trying to put things on my list that are mostly attainable.  This may never happen, but I at least have to try.  I think about the influence Gaga has had on me over the past year, and I know she is someone I want to meet in person.  Hmm...how to make this happen?
 One of my favorite Gaga pictures; Elle January 2010 photo spread
  • Own a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes: Just so I can sort of feel like I was once a character from Sex and the City.  Yes, they cost probably more than half of my wonderfully small teachers salary.  One day I will have a fabulous pair of heels that I will have nowhere to wear them to...

  • Buy a house:  Where?  Who knows.  When?  Who knows (except all I know is that I can't wait to upgrade from this little house).  We will though.  
  • See a Broadway show
  • Travel to every continent:  Well...I've marked off Europe, South America, and Asia.  I'd love to go back to South America and Asia with D.  So maybe I should amend this bullet to include "with D."
  • Run a half marathon:  Maybe I can eventually amend this to whole marathon...but let's don't get too far ahead of myself.
  • Become a teacher:  Working on this one.  I'm not technically going to cross it off until I am officially certified as a REAL teacher
  • Be in the audience for a taping of Ellen:  I love Ellen and her show.  I need to make this on a priority since you never know when shows will be pulled off the air.

  • Ride in a hot air balloon:  I am pretty afraid of heights.  I think I'd be totally scared doing this, but I think it would be  so special.  Hot air ballooning over Cali wine country?

  • Eat another Belgian waffle in Bruges, Belgium:  This was one of my favorite memories from our Europe trip.  I HAVE to go back and do it again.
 [My actual Belgian waffle...most amazing snack EVER.]
  • Volunteer in an orphanage:  I think that people can never really understand the extreme poverty and situations people live in in other countries unless they see it.  I want to see and experience this again.

  • Backpack Europe: Check.  June/July 2009.  And got engaged :)
  • Move out of Georgia: Check. March 2010.  ABOUT TIME.
...To be continued.


*I used to be a hater of Kathy.  After watching "My Life on the D List, I seriously could not get enough of her.  She is a lover of the GLBT community, her mother, Maggie, and all things related to being an attention whore.  Love her.

1 comment:

Sesh said...

COME TO NYC!!! YES! then you can cross it off the bucketlist AND come see me!

LEAVE ME A NOTE:

Pin It button on image hover